VMWare & Infrastructure Engineer
You will be part of SwIS squad (Software Infrastructure Services) - a global team that covers several datacenters across the globe.
– operational support for the existing infrastructure in both physical and virtual environments (mostly based on VMware (ESXi 6.0 to 6.7) – about 2000 virtual machines hosted on more than 80 physical servers)
– operating systems supported: Linux (mostly Ubuntu 16/18/20), Red Hat (6/7), Windows 10/2012 R2/2016
– perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in management tools (Check MK, Zabbix, Splunk)
– change management and ticketing (ServiceNow, Jira)
– document and create a shared knowledge base
– network management – private network IP address scheme and Cisco switches configuration
– configuring and maintaining services like DNS (IPNS), WSUS, DHCP
– firewall management – iptables
– storage administration – basic tasks like creating NFS/CIFS shares together with export policies needed
- 4+ years of Experience in remote IT Infrastructure support of global enterprise clients
- Strong experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VMware’s vSphere suite (exposure to multiple versions of EsXi) and its advanced functions like HA/DRS, vMotion, performance issues and storage configuration.
- Good understanding of Storage (SAN/NAS) + Backup solutions – Netapp Background will be a plus!
- Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching)
- Prior Exposure to Datacenter technologies
- Prior Experience with Enterprise Server hardware (Servers/Blades) – HP DL, Synergy and corresponding tools (Example: One View)
- Extensive Experience supporting Linux (RedHat & Ubuntu ) + Windows based environments
- Experience in working with international multi-site teams (team player!).
- Effective communication skills and fluency in English are a must.