Procurement & Contract Specialist
The Procurement & Contract Specialist is encouraged to handle Procurement Operations related to both product & services procurement in the domains of IT, Marketing, Facilities, Sponsorships, Sales and Human Resources and work towards in achieving near-term and annual goals for the Global Procurement and Shared Services functions, as a representative of operations to the business delivering value and be a trusted partner. The individual needs to apply comprehensive business knowledge, deep expertise, and understanding of global procurement policies, procedures, and operational frameworks to anticipate and address major business issues.
Global software development company, well known in the digital area.
The role will include placing Purchase Orders, reviewing and drafting contracts, use of the P2P applications, Identify high risk legal clauses on the SOW’s, work with legal team (internal & external). The individual is encouraged to build positive relationships with internal business partners, develop a strong understanding of strategic business direction, will require to work towards providing the best user experience for all the internal partners.
- Handle day to day Procurement Operations processes – PR to PO Conversion, Fixed Asset Creation and Capitalization, Initiating Supplier Re-certification, Contract Drafting, and System Updates etc.
- Contribute to key performance metrics of the team, e.g. SLA, Quality & Efficiency.
- Collaborate with Category Managers, Accounts Payable, Vendor Risk Management Office, Corporate Ethics & Compliance Teams, Information Security & Privacy and Contingent Workforce Program team and other cross-functional groups in driving issue resolution and process improvements.
- Redline legal clauses and handle customer issues along the contract execution path
- Document Processes, build and maintain Desktop Procedures (DTPs).
- Analyze data and act within the realm of activities as a buyer.
- Build and publish weekly / monthly reports for the team and represent the team on various internal forums.
- Handle customer relationship effectively: Resolve user queries on time and with accuracy, build awareness of common pitfalls, conduct periodic or need-based reviews with key partners.
- Carry out special projects and drive continuous improvements.
- Providing due clarity and support to internal partners on procurement policies and standard methodologies
- Own and deliver various projects sought to achieve Operational Excellence and Scalability.
- Around 5-7 years of validated experience in Procurement Operations with exposure to both product & Services procurement in at least two of the categories mentioned above
- A thorough knowledge of the procurement processes is a must and exposure to P2P tools like Ariba / Coupa etc. and ERP systems like SAP / Oracle will be required.
- Should have worked on operations related to, conversion of Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders & working with standard contract templates/ boilerplates. Experience in contract drafting, the experience of collaborating with legal and knowledge of legal terms in a contract will be an added advantage.
- Working experience in multi-cultural / multi-region Shared Services or Procurement organization will be a plus.
- An exposure to using Reporting and Metrics tools like Tableau, Power BI, is a nice-to-have.
- Solid understanding of Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Professional level proficiency in English are desired.
- Self-starter, ability to self-empower with a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability and ability to learn and operate out of one’s comfort zone.
- Ability to manage relationships optimally across all layers within internal customers & supplier organizations
- Proactive, collaborative, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability, who is always questioning the status quo.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an exciting, fast-paced, and robust team environment.
- Flexible, ready-to-adopt and able to think globally.
- Highly customer-focused, willingness to take the time to understand the needs of the business owners and proven acumen to own problems for effective resolution.
- A Bachelor’s / Undergraduate degree in any subject area. Any Masters will be a plus.