Ensures the functionality and performance of the database systems and supervises other DBAs. Provides support and works toward solving incidents/doing current tasks/solving issues and problems with the purpose of ensuring agreed SLA.
Performs activities related to the design and implementation of new solutions and related activities of software development and ensures database performance. Ensures takeover of activities from the build area for new platforms.
- Provides support for MSSQL Databases and related incidents and problems.
- Develop scripts/programs for extending functionality of IT solutions or for automating recurring activities.
- Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that contain databases.
- Optimize the existing solutions by redefining database architecture or by making software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new requirements of the business.
- Experience in supporting MSSQL Databases> 5 years
- Knowledge of Always On, Replication, MSSQL build standards, SQL Profiler, Windows OS background, Windows Clustering.
- Knowledge of database administration in a production environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration (old and new versions)
- Experience in SQL Server tuning
- English (written and spoken) – fluent
Any of these skills would be a plus:
- Linux/Solaris knowledge , SQL Server on Linux is a plus
- Knowledge of programming in T-SQL and shell UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Understanding IT Service Management concepts (ex. ISO20000 standard)
- Good knowledge of the principles SOX
- Good knowledge of general security principles