Senior Platform Engineer with Python
We believe superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (our employees’ words), we provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
- Apply experience with using similar tooling, e.g., Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm), OpenStack, AWS, Cloud Foundry
- Lead risk reductions, estimation efforts, performance and capacity modelling/ planning
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
- Create templates to support the creation of new services based on the platform
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting
- Work closely with DevOps teams, developing solutions against the company’s next-gen public/private, portable cloud platform.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
- Translate the company’s product business requirements into systems design, including high availability and disaster recovery
- Support business development and proposal work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (e.g., hands-on Kubernetes, AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack, etc.).
- Experience in working and/or contributing with an open-source community innovating to create production services.
- Proven track record building enterprise-class solutions & ability to quickly consume new technologies and tools and decide if or how they can be useful in our stack
- Experience influencing application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
- Experience documenting Micro-Services based, system architectures via modelling diagrams and effectively transitioning those architectures to implementation teams
- Applied knowledge in an iterative development environment employing Agile/Scrum/XP combined with DevOps exposure
- Proven experience being part of a team that has taken a product from concept through delivery, and subsequent support through multiple releases
- Strong testing background in CI/CD environment
Nice to have:
- Expert level Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, BOSH, Concourse.
- Broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring (ELK, Grafana, etc.)
- Understanding of modern data platforms such as ES, Hadoop.
- Advanced shell concepts – Bash/Python/Go experience
- Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP/HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
- Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies