Software Development Engineer
The major objectives for this role are:
- Working with the Product Marketing and other development teams on product requirements;
- Developing software products through the Software Development LifeCycle, following adequate software development processes;
- Creating solutions that are Innovative, High Quality and meet the needs of the customer both from a content perspective and from a time to market perspective;
- Coaching junior software engineers.
Come work with us, in our new R&D Center in Bucharest, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion. The new R&D Center in Bucharest focuses on developing innovative solutions for high performance measurement devices in cutting-edge areas of fixed and mobile networks (CATV, Copper, Ethernet, Optical, 5G).
- Proficiency in C++;
- OO Design Methodology (OOPS, OOAD);
- Task based Operating system knowledge (Linux preferred);
- Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development);
- Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.;
- Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, bare metal development;
- Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavor of Scrum, on multiple projects.
Nice to have skills:
- Qt knowledge for UI Development;
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, 802.11, Bluetooth);
- Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.);
- Domain skills: DOCSIS, xDSL, Cable test equipment, Telco test equipment;
- Exposure to communication protocols, MATLAB, FPGA, DSP;
- Mobile application development experience.