1st Level Operations Engineer
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, support, management and execution of 1st Level proactive and reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
›Interfaces: primarily interacts with FO engineers and BO engineers, customer technical staff,
Incident Managers, Technical Coordinators and Line Manager.
› Work in an international environment, with customers and suppliers.
› Work in Day or Night shift, but should in all cases be capable to do a regular Flexi shift (to cover illness, vacation, training etc).
A networking and telecommunications company.
- Network surveillance, 1st level restoration and preventative maintenance;
- Monitor, perform troubleshooting, fault acknowledgement and fault analysis;
- Work with the application for trouble ticket management;
- Maintain the service delivery level within the agreed SLAs;
- Follow-up on incidents, registered but not solved, escalated to next level support;
- Interpret / understand technical information and prepares technical documentation;
- Working independently and within team to keep the competence and skills up to date;
- Solve standard problems based on the existing procedures;
- Controls and manages complex technical situations/projects in a calm and professional manner (required to provide technical input in technical conference bridges);
- Use effectively telecom knowledge to manage faults and customer demands;
- Ensures first level support, preparation and consolidation of all changes performed in own competence domain area;
- Ensures the fault management process & methods, acting as a first line trouble shooter by performing a technical impact analysis of every incident;
- Apply change management process in place;
- Notifies incidents to the customer, management and other possible stakeholders (client facing entities, vendors, technical support) and follows the escalation matrix;
- Accountable to create a trouble ticket for any fault in the network and takes responsibility that WLA/SLA objectives that are meet;
- Expected to stay informed of current news, system information, changes and updates relevant to our user community;
- The FO Technician monitors the alarms and prioritizes the service impact in case of technical issues that affect the customer’s network, both reactive as preventive;
- Comply with: Trouble Ticketing Handling Process, Management Escalation Process;
- Critical Escalation Process, Customer Service Level Agreements, Conference Bridge Etiquette Process;
- Support in developing a training plan and giving trainings for technicians at lower career stages;
- Follow instructions and recommendations from Shift Leader, Technical Coordinator and Team Leader.
- Knowledge about telecom, networking, FO, microwave etc;
- An advanced level of english or italian, french, spanish.