Presales Solution Architect
The Solution Architect role is to be the Design Authority for the end to end technical and service solution for moderate complexity or complex deals with customers, either in a single geography or with simple multinational requirements. The role will be responsible for working with sales and directly with customers in order to design, cost, and document compelling solutions to be offered to our customers.
Technology center of a multinational telecom company.
The Solution Architect will respond to requests for new technology or technology-derived solutions from the customer. These will be either standard, single tower solutions with a moderate level of complexity within the scope of the product, or complex multi-tower solutions that may require also non-standard design.
- Capture and interpret customer requirements, and design either standard or complex solutions to meet customer requirements. Support sales team in providing clear associations between business challenges and solutions.
- Identify and document any risks to the solution and build accurate scalable cost models as input into pricing strategy.
- Document solution in RFP/RFI responses, proposals and Statement of Works/High Level Designs. Ensure solutions are well documented and archived using internal tools.
- Ensure solutions are deliverable in timeframes committed and have passed all appropriate solution governance. Solutions should be functional, scalable, repeatable, and utilizing existing standard services whenever possible.
- Act as product expert with deep technical knowledge in one of the portfolio areas. This will include providing training to other functions in the group such as Sales and other Solution Architects as well as working closely with key stakeholders from Product Management, Technology, Delivery and Operations functions.
The solution Architect is responsible for providing subject matter expertise for solutions within one of the following portfolio areas:
- Fixed connectivity (WAN, IP-VPN, SD-WAN, Cloud Connectivity)
- LAN, SD-LAN, Wi-Fi
- Unified communications and collaboration
- Mobile Voice and Data
- Service Architecture
- Excellent communication and whiteboarding skills. Ability to present to internal stakeholders and up to mid-management customer contacts.
- Analytical and critical thinking, detail- oriented, operates with precision.
- Ability to act as Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the portfolio areas.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and teamwork with ability to work in multinational teams.
- Ability to both influence and show resolve under pressure from both customers and internal stakeholders to ensure solution designs are deliverable.
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing moderately complex or complex solutions in one or more the following areas:
- IP Networking
- SDN (SD-WAN, SD-LAN)
- Cloud Networking or Voice Networking
- LAN Technology (Ethernet, Wi-Fi) and/orWAN Access Technologies (e.g., DSL, Ethernet, Transmission, MPLS)
- Network Monitoring & Optimisation , Security solutions, Mobile Data Services and/or IT Managed Services
Nice to have:
- Experience with IT Managed Services is desirable.
- Previous experience in dealing with large corporate customers in a pre-sales design or consultancy role.
- International experience desirable (working internationally and/or working with global solutions).
- One or more of the following industry leading certifications is desirable:
- Cisco CCDA/CCNA/CCNP/CCDP/CCNA Security, Juniper JNCIA-Junos / JNCIS-SP /JNCIA-Sec
- Cloud AWS / MS Azure / CompTIA cloud+ / JNCIA-Cloud
- Cisco Meraki
- ITIL Foundation
- TOGAF 9
- Agile Methodology