- Engage with the Developers, identify their development gaps, enable the Continuous
Integration, automation of deployments with the available tools, techniques, and implement
the best practices and solutions.
- Analyse the development methodologies and strategies followed by the developers and
recommend the available tools (development, test and build) and techniques.
- Enable successful DevOps (Agile Operations) by transition the code from Dev/ Test to
Staging until Production.
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test
- Ensure appropriate practice for documentation of build content and deployment instructions
- Perform maintenance and troubleshoot of CI build / test / deployment systems. Work across
various users (development / testing / deployment / infrastructure) and project teams to
ensure continuous operation of build and test.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Create and maintain fully automated CI build processes for multiple technology products.
- Responsible for ensuring the vision and implementation of CI that effectively ensure project visibility, and report against delivery metrics.
- Create documents for Suppliers when migrating from old tools to new tools.
- Continual maintenance and improvement of automation.
- Continuous Delivery Design and Implement scalable build, test and deployment systems applying Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts.
- Own successful continuous delivery of product from Development to QA to handover to IT Operations.
- Experience of working in an agile environment, test driven development
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles and practices such as Continuous Integration and delivery
- Experience with implementation of continuous integration
- Solid Knowledge in Software Configuration Management, Build Management, Deployment and Release Management Automation such as CI, CD, DevOps Knowledge and understanding of the various DEV practices in the market / industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 3+ years prior experience with Java
- One or more version control tools such as GIT Lab, SVN etc
- Solid knowledge in writing Bash scripts
- Knowledge in Continuous integration, packaging, reporting and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Ansible, Docker, Maven, Puppet etc would be a plus
- Bachelor Degree