Fixed Cable Network 2nd Line Engineer
Provides specific 2nd Line technical services related to live IT systems of other telecommunications
operators. Ensures the development, implementation, modification, testing and
harmonization of software and hardware solutions of IT systems as well as existing telecom applications in operators networks, in order to meet the quality and response time requirements of the projects. At the request of the clients, it identifies, develops and implements solutions to solve the
deficiencies of high complexity software and hardware in the respective networks. The solutions provided
involve changes in the existing software systems or the implementation of new components to improve and develop the functionalities of the current systems.
- Carry out 2nd level support for applications, services and infrastructure.
- Define and track service level agreements and service KPIs for the responsible services, monitor compliance with them and react proactively to impending violations of target values and quality
restrictions, including the other 2nd level of TJ required for this.
- Identifying, agreeing and implementing proactive optimization measures to avoid incidents with
negative effects on customers together with the engineering departments
- Escalation management up to group leader level.
- Support roll-outs of new systems, services and software.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed network architectures on coaxial support: DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1
- Solid knowledge of fiber-coax hybrid network architectures; mastering design and implementation
- Solid knowledge of network principles and protocols: IS-IS, OSPF, IP (Routing & Switching), QoS;
- Good understanding of SW lifecycle: design, installation, testing and acceptance, implementation,
performance optimization and troubleshooting;
- The ability to analyze and interpret traces (Wireshark, logs of network equipment);
- Preferably higher technical studies (eg: Electronics and telecommunications, Automation and
Computers, Computer Science, etc.) or min. 2 years experiences with Telco Industry in comparable
- Certifications from vendors of computer systems intended for fixed and mobile telecommunications (Cisco, Casa, Harmonic, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, etc.) are desirable.