Duties & Responsibilities:
The major objectives for this role are:
– Working with the Product Marketing and other development teams on product requirements;
– Developing software products through the Software Development LifeCycle, following adequate software development processes;
– Creating solutions that are Innovative, High Quality and meet the needs of the customer both from a content perspective and from a time-to-market perspective;
– Coaching junior software engineers.
Come work with us, in our new R&D Center in Bucharest, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion. The new R&D Center in Bucharest focuses on developing innovative solutions for high-performance measurement devices in cutting-edge areas of fixed and mobile networks (CATV, Copper, Ethernet, Optical, 5G).
Pre-Requisites / Skills / Experience Requirements:
– Proficiency in C++;
– OO Design Methodology (OOPS, OOAD);
– Task-based operating system knowledge (Linux preferred);
– Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development);
– Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.;
– Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, and bare metal development;
– Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavour of Scrum, on multiple projects; Nice to have skills:
– Qt knowledge for UI Development;
– Experience in networking (TCP/IP, 802.11, Bluetooth);
– Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.);
– Domain skills: DOCSIS, xDSL, Cable test equipment, Telco test equipment;
– Exposure to communication protocols, MATLAB, FPGA, DSP; – Mobile application development experience.