Senior Governance, Risk and Compliance Specialist
You will work closely with the UK based Group Privacy team, the local privacy teams across the global footprint and where necessary collaborate with other stakeholders including Cyber Security, Corporate Security, HR, Commercial, Technology, Supply Chain Management (SCM) to drive key objectives to completion.
Technology centre of a multinational telecom company.
- Monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the privacy controls at policy and operational control levels, across a range of data processing activities, functions and entities;
- Conducting regular reviews of data processing activities;
- Articulating and communicating critical privacy risks and gaps to senior stakeholders and identifying and agreeing remedial actions;
- Performing quality reviews of privacy assessments performed on processes, products, services and platforms;
- Identifying the areas of risk in relation to data privacy and recommend solutions. Keeping the operational issue and strategic risk registers up-to-date and develop reports/dashboards;
- Identifying and implementing new monitoring approaches, procedures and technologies to respond the ever changing regulatory and technology landscape
- Driving standardization and centralization of control practices and ambassador central tools.
- Supporting the training and awareness agenda by development of training materials, holding trainings to the privacy community
- Supporting the cycle of compliance activities
- Supporting the Group Privacy team with any other privacy activities as may be required from time to time.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in privacy/compliance/internal audit;
- Good understanding of global privacy regulatory landscape in telecommunication, technology and online businesses;
- Good mix of auditor and advisory skillset;
- Structured, process mind-set and desire for continuous improvement;
- Knowledge of compliance management standards, tools, methodologies and best practices;
- Excellent organization skills, able to handle multiple requests with differing priorities and stakeholders;
- Excellent command of English, and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication;
- Privacy or audit related certification(s) would be advantageous (e.g. CIPP, IAPP, CIA).
You will be expected to maintain process descriptions and other such documentation in your area of responsibilities and to soundly perform fact gathering, analysis of privacy issues and driving issue and risk management advisory activities on a day-to- day basis, as well as to produce, validate and distribute regular reports.