• Support the VCI Vendor Management team to ensure a documented and optimized Software Asset Management activity;
• Responsible to support Vendor relationship management and governance within VCI;
• Responsible for VCI needs analysis and address requests to vendors for discussion and negotiation;
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling Vendor performances in agreement with vendor segmentation framework and guidelines;
• Actively contributes to the Vendor Risk Management process with the aim of ensuring the use of Vendors’ service or products does not create an unacceptable potential negative impact on business;
• Responsible for the definition of assigned vendors’ contract reporting requirements;
• Contribute to the definition and evolution of Vendor Management Tools;
• To serve as the primary point of contact for software-related requests like Software licensing methods, license matrixes, and reporting requirements to VCI Stakeholders;
• Review software requests for accuracy and adherence to VCI standards and policies, as well as reporting on re-harvest/redeployment opportunities.
• Enforce SAM policies, processes, and standards, both global and region-specific to establish adherence and maintain compliance;
• Responsibilities include assessment, research, and identification of software title and their components with VCI, along with their recording and reporting of these titles and their usage;
• Get and maintain licensing products certifications from the VCI and local market stakeholders, recording and reporting as and when required of these;
• To provide compliance reporting, standards, and policy deviations for Hardware and Software usage within VCI-managed areas, including contractual reviews, compliance issues, impact analysis, support, and license forecasting to Vendor management team leads and VCI Stakeholders;
• Driving the execution of strategic projects/actions related to the VCI Vendor Management area.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership;
Software compliance reporting (e.g., Microsoft SQL and Windows Server, Redhat, VMware, MongoDB, and others)
• Software compliance analysis and remediations, for but not limited to: Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server, Red Hat server;
• Creation of Software usage briefing packs for VCI stakeholders;
• VCI Software pricelist management and updates along with integration with the company Procurement Team catalogue.
Act as licensing specialist in case of questions/queries from the internal stakeholders in regard of VCI software titles
• SAM and Licensing SPOC – act as the principal point of contact for VCI management for any relevant topic regarding the SAM area;
• Ensure vendor documentation is properly created and stored (e.g.: License models guidelines, pricelists, entitlements reports, briefing packs);
• Participate in various meetings and workshops with vendors and other stakeholders acting as a point of contact for VCI stakeholders including senior and line management;
• Manage assigned vendors’ relationships – engage with proper Vendor representatives to establish and maintain a sound and profitable relationship.
Vendor performance – monitor, review, and control vendor performances, share results with VCI management, identify and agree with Vendor improvement paths, and implementation roadmap and monitor implementation execution:
• Vendors Knowledge Base – guarantee that all relevant information (e.g., vendor’s representatives’ info) and documents (e.g., contracts and reports) are kept up to date and
properly stored in the VM knowledge base;
• Strategic Vendor reporting – guarantee proper reporting on Vendor (e.g., performance, usage) are available, updated, and reliable.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
• Proven experience in SAM – software asset management;
• Ability to communicate and interact with different layers of organization Leadership capabilities and project management;
• ITIL framework knowledge;
• Minimum 5 years of work experience, mainly in the IT area;
• Strong analytical skills including advanced Excel knowledge;
• Team worker;
• Good communicator, able to drive diverse stakeholders within mixed environments, online, office and home-based;
• Ability and sound skills in negotiation with third parties having clear mind goals and objectives to be achieved;
• Full English proficiency.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• Strong experience with major software publisher’s licensing models for example: Microsoft, Red Hat, Oracle, VMWare, Google, Cisco;
• Strong knowledge of IT Hardware, clustering, private and public clouds, and the ability to report and record this in particular with reference to software licensing;
• Ability to comprehend and interpret highly complex licensing and IT hardware issues;
• Ability to work with Excel’s advanced functions;
• Understanding of Microsoft, Oracle, MongoDB, and such SQL Databases;
• IAITAM Certification or other SAM/Licencing equivalent certifications;
• Vendor certifications like Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM is a plus.