Software Engineer for Solutions
- You will be responsible with all phases of software development ranging from: design and coding to integrating and reviewing software components, from testing and bug fixing to documentation, building and presenting demos to stakeholders.
- You’ll be working using an Agile approach and effectively use the concept of continuous integration as a key part of an efficient software development process.
- After ramping up into the team’s portfolio and processes, you will be responsible with addressing tasks from the product backlog which can range from: prototyping concepts, new feature development, porting feature to a new platform, bug fixing, enhancing the continuous integration, writing user documentation
To be successful in this role you have:
- Robust software architecture: design patterns, best practices, optimizations techniques
- Capable of traversing and combining mix of technologies such as: low-level drivers, middleware, various OSs (both real-time and non real-time), user space tools and libraries
- Proficient in programming (C mostly, but other structured languages such as C++, Java fit also in)
- Good scripting know-how (python, bash, groovy, makefiles)
- Relevant experience in developing applications for the (general and automotive) embedded
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good fluency in English written and spoken
- Reasonable technical presentation skills
Furthermore, you have:
- A robust understanding of embedded software architectures,
- Excellent prototyping and debugging skills,
- A strong mindset towards efficiency, optimization and performance,
- A good understanding of continuous integration processes
The team is well balanced having a good mix of senior, intermediate and junior engineers.
Collaboration [in and outside the team] is essential for the job, learning from and sharing with others the know-how required. A high degree of self-organizing is required to cope with task variation and level of interaction with stakeholders.
Stakeholders range from product owners, project managers, program managers, field application engineers and 3rd party contacts.
The team’s core values are:
- extract yourself from the context bubble
- challenge the status quo
- be innovative.