Packet Core Operation Specialist
- 2nd Line Operations of Packet Switch Network in a multi-vendor environment;
- Preventive and corrective second-level troubleshooting ensuring quality, continuity of service and the restoring time for Packet Switch Network elements;
- In collaboration with 1st Line Operations teams, work out procedures related to the analysis of alarms in order to detect and eliminate faults. Perform data configuration, and software rollout and support integration activities with planning and delivery functions.
With these activities, you will have a great impact on our business:
- In case of an incident, assure troubleshooting analysis and all the repair actions, including vendor support escalation, in order to achieve service and performance restoration;
- Perform proactive maintenance activities to prevent incidents and constantly optimize the network, e.g. Daily Walkthroughs and Health checks for Packet Core components;
- Solve network-related Customer Complaints within SLA. Tracing and debugging on various Packet Core Networks elements (SGSN, GGSN, DNS, etc.). Complex traffic and E2E service trend and protocol analysis;
- Knowledge sharing in order to increase the technical skills of other teams involved in deployment and operations activities in the network. Introduce and manage cutting-edge technologies including vendor and on-the-job training
- Assure planned work activities and upgrade of Packet Core components. Onboarding and implementation of Service requests ensuring the quality of service and avoiding regression on functionalities.
- Detailed understanding of PS core protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, GTP, Radius, SIGTRAN, RANAP, GMM, Diameter);
- Packet Switch E2E network analysis and troubleshooting problem and change management;
- Good knowledge of mobile network architectures including Volte with experience in main vendors’ technologies (Ericsson preferred, Cisco, Nokia, Huawei);
- Telco Over Cloud and virtualization layers such as VMWARE and knowledge of the corporate environment and involved protocols (MPLS/ IPSEC Tunnel);
- Hands-on experience with Packet Core elements (GGSN, SGSN, MME, S/PGW);
- Scripting knowledge (Linux, Python, Ansible) is desirable;
- Team working oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- English and Italian (spoken and written);
- University degree: Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology;
- 2 years of experience in Telecommunication in a similar position;
- Nice to have: Italian (reading, listening).